Oh dear.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Oct 25, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This is me, a mother, fretting over her 22 year old child. He has managed to find three of his four half sibilings and his dad's sister. The siblings I am not so worried about, it's the aunt. From the day I met that woman, she was a stark raving, back stabbing, manipulating witch. If she does one thing for you, she expects it back ten-fold and you can guarantee it won't be ethical either.

I have warned him to watch his back with her, but should I say more to him? He is a grown man, afterall, but I really want him to know what I know about her. HELP!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Unless he's unusually mature then 22 years old is only somewhat of a grown man. Lay it out plainly for him.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hmmm, at age 22, if he's the kind of son who will actually listen and take you seriously, then tell him what you think he should know. On the other hand, if you know he won't pay you no nevermind......Let him find out himself. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Quote:Yes he listens to me. What he does with the information once he leave my presence is another matter. [​IMG]

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    You can sit down and tell him your personal opinion, but be sure to state it as such, and in balanced terms. He may view her in a different light, and needs to learn to read people for himself regardless.

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:Yes he listens to me. What he does with the information once he leave my presence is another matter. [​IMG]

LOL, sounds like you should tell him then.

7. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I would tell him your feelings / experinces.. Doesn't mean he will listen, but if she unethical.. could she get him into leagle trouble? By conviencing him to do something he wouldn't normally do? But making feel quillty and like he should help her because of X, Y, or Z..

Tell him, also remind him, that you are there for him, etc.. In case she ever does pull the quilt trip thing..

8. debilorrah

Quote:I probably sound paranoid, but I have been at the receiving end of her deceipt before. She has posted on his wall that she keeps his picture in her wallet and always looks at it. He was touched that she thought of him all these years. I had to remind him that his father has his phone number and address and not once in all these years did she bother to ask for it or use it. I am keeping my eye on that one FOR SURE.

I made sure he knew that I just want him to have all the information he needs to make good decisions and to please talk to me about anything she may offer or ask for.

I saw her name and almost fainted. [​IMG]

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I know you will do the right thing....mmmmm.... people like that (not your son - him).............just make we want to go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Love ya. Praying it will be all okay! Nancy

10. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I probably sound paranoid, but I have been at the receiving end of her deceipt before. She has posted on his wall that she keeps his picture in her wallet and always looks at it. He was touched that she thought of him all these years. I had to remind him that his father has his phone number and address and not once in all these years did she bother to ask for it or use it. I am keeping my eye on that one FOR SURE.

I made sure he knew that I just want him to have all the information he needs to make good decisions and to please talk to me about anything she may offer or ask for.

I saw her name and almost fainted. [​IMG]

[​IMG] You've done all you could... Stressful after all these years to have someone pop back into your lives..., glad my kids are still young enough to control their enviorment...

Things will work out, You've raised a smart boy I"m sure, and he will talk to you about anything that makes him feel funny..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by