1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh Deer, Oh deer

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deerman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    This guy and his mother have been comming to my yard from the start. But this time he was in the yard by his self. I was walking around the yard with him, taking these pics. he was walking to me. note the flash reflextion in his eyes. He never spook, I got within 11 feet, had to back zoom all the away off.

His mother an brother or sister were back today, mom warn them to run.

Will post a few more pics, when I get time.

[​IMG]

This pic,taken without a zoom,thats how near I was, these are free wild deer on my place not pets,or hand raised.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Very nice looking deer!!!!

3. boaz

boaz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Woodville, MS
    Great pictures!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! I cant believe they let you get that close!! They must know your the deerman! [​IMG]

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Is it bad if I look and say "Aw cute!" but in the next instance I think "Yummy!" ??

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That's wonderful, thank you for sharing! We have deer here, but all I ever see is the white flags taking off. I have no problem with hunting, but our neighbors are a little too gun happy and have terrified anything that moves!

They have a bad habit of drinking and gunning. Not a good way to hunt.

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:Yes it is BAD!!! Naughty girl, you!! [​IMG]
    I have strict orders that My DH and kids are NOT allowed to shoot a deer less than a year old (or two if I could help it).

rodriguez,, how can you think that after looking into those big, brown eyes?? [​IMG]

8. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Cute!

9. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Those are great pictures. We had a couple orphans that found each other last summer. They hung out in our yard a lot. We couldn't ever get that close though.

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Henry'schickens :

Quote:Yes it is BAD!!! Naughty girl, you!! [​IMG]
    I have strict orders that My DH and kids are NOT allowed to shoot a deer less than a year old (or two if I could help it).

rodriguez,, how can you think that after looking into those big, brown eyes?? [​IMG]

Oh I'll admit...it's cute. But I see tender meat there too! If it ain't got spots.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by