1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh Deer! Take a look at this picture.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Shireshome, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Shireshome

Shireshome Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    While out hiking yesterday we came across this albino deer. Thought I'd share it with you guys. The other two regularly colored deer with it took off the second they saw us, but this one would let us get pretty close to it before it would slowly walk off. It's the first one I've ever seen in person and probably the last since they are so rare. It sure was beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tigertrea

Tigertrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    LaSalle Ontario Canada
    [​IMG]

WOW....that is beautiful!

3. un-named543

un-named543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2012
    SE Minnesota
    beautiful. thanks for sharing

4. MonsterMom

MonsterMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2012
    SoCal
    Wow! I'm amazed it's lived so long. Albino animals don't usually last long in the wild since they are very easy for predators to see. Has it snowed where you live? Maybe it's coloring gave it extra protection instead of being a liability, for once.

5. Shireshome

Shireshome Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    The photo is taken on "The Rims" around Billings Mt. However we have only seen snow 4 times this season and it was very little at that. I suspect it owes it's longer life to the fact it lives around a housing development. I have only been here about 8 weeks so this is the first time I have seen it, but I hope not the last.

6. jamesbwood

jamesbwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice pict!

7. Ooh lucky!

once we were forwheeling behind our house, went around a corner, found a mama moose with a newborn calf, and she has calves all the time, we always get to see them, once she had triplets <3

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Wow I've never seen an albino deer. Thanks for sharing! Really cool photos! :)

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Thanks for showing us! I've never seen one in person, only in pictures.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Seen in the papers a few times for albino deer around here. Not sure what's causing this up swinging of albino deer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by