oh goodness

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Sep 23, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have 2 female mallards, they are quacking up a storm. this is the first night they have done this. i saw fruitloops laying flat while alicia was stand behind her and picking at her back end [​IMG] the funniest part is that i told my mom they might need to come inside if they don't shut up (i live in a regular neighborhood, like track homes kinda) they need to come inside. she said no they know to be quiet at 10 because it's curfew [​IMG] LOL

i probably need to build some kinda of night pen right?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I had a noise problem after an attempted break in so after that I built pens in my shed for the Runners. Also - being my show and breeding stock- I wanted to provided a safer place for them at night. It has helped to keep them quieter - but cleaning is the issue I have. Pity Quackers is laying in the dog kennel you have- or you could rig up something to keep them in that at night.

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have 2 of them. remember i posted the pic of fruitloops and little foot (well you couldn't see little foot) in the dog igloo. i could try to make a door type thing. but those little nut jobs of mine actually did shut up after 10pm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by