oh gosh, YUCK!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never realized until now, doing research, that finding a 3 or 4 bedroom house for rent under $1000 would result in such UGLY houses. I dont care much about ugly houses but DROP DEAD UGLY as in stained, yellowed walls, kitchen counters and cabnets in so many colors you dont know what it's true color is. Carpet and floors looking like animals have been using them as thier own toilet. its NASTY!

Yeah, I found a few that are really cute houses and pretty on the "clean" part ugly on the looks at a good price but they dont outnumber the BUTT UGLY [​IMG] ones.

So far, im liking this one...

http://www.firstcoastrentalads.com/viewad.asp?myad=18790

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That one looks good to me! I'd go for it.. At least its clean..

3. i agree! I cant believe that people would rent out houses that are NASTY!
    No wonder alot of them can't get rented, no one wants to live in a nasty looking house!

ONe house had Yellow looking walls and I emailed the people and asked if the walls are supposed to be yellow, they said no, it was painted WHITE. THe carpet was tan looking with spots in the picture, they said it supposed to be white too. EVERYTHING was supposed to be white but instead it was brown, yellow, and ewww!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup..that one looks pretty decent shape...and fair price too, i'd say. Up here that house would rent for $1,500 a month easy..
    But you need to tell hubby he cant make the yard like where you are at now..know what i mean? Gotta keep on him... [​IMG] Good luck!

5. oh I know. Hard on a scrapper. At least he got our current yard cleaned up...about time.... Meme said he can still leave his scrap metals at this house while he is "building up to profit"

I still have 6 months to find something. We already have deposit money (Lady Katie got her SSI "back pay" which is WAY more then enough for deposit, thank god!). I dont want to move until the kids are out of school. It'll be too rough on Katelyn if we transfer her due to her disability. She should be starting at FSDB next year, if we can get her in.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugly, outdated, empty for two years+ and in need of repairs - paint, floors, etc. is the only reason we can afford to live in the neighborhood we do... this floorplan, if it was updated and nice would easily get 1000-1200-1500 per month... we pay $700... any supplies are paid for by owner, but we do the work and get to live in a safe (no crackhouses exploding or neighbors shooting off guns and sex offenders don't outnumber the normal folk) neighborhood.

7. My house is ugly and outdated as well. Probably the ugliest house you would ever see! We stay for free here because of agreement of repairing and remodeling the house, plus the landlady knew DH since he was a baby so that's an advantage.

I got an email back from the guy about that one house, the nasty one, and he offered to take away the deposit if we fix it up. We pay for the cleaning and painting and such and if it goes over the price of the deposit + 2 months worth of rent, he will take all that away. He said the deal is...I have to clean it up BEFORE moving in. Sounds good but I dont got the time to do that. I did ask him if I could get permission to raise a few chickens outside...he said it was the oddest request he has EVER heard and that he would have to think about it but as for Ceila, he will let us have her there as long as she is not a house destroyer. Anyways, the sq footage is under 1000sq which is SMALL for a 3 bedroom house and I might have to fit 3 growing girls in 1 room, which wouldn't work out.

As for the other one that I have posted the ad for, I emailed them...still waiting to hear what they say.

8. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    be sure to check your animal laws.

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    That is a really nice place! I would go for it!

10. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    how are you going to swing that when you cant buy clothes for your kids?? our what was rent and is now our mortgage payment is 725 and we have a hard time of it sometimes with my husband working 6 days a week.
    i would hold off on moving and try to get the basics covered and then move..that way you can keep the rent current and everyones basic needs are taken care of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by