OH GROSS!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I went out and collected eggs this morning. I got 8, but I couldn't carry them all. So I put some in my coat pockets. Came in and put them in egg cartons. "I thought I had more eggs than that", I said to myself. Checked my pockets nope, no more. Hum. [​IMG] Oh well. This is the day that some lay later in the day.

Well, I went out tonight to lock the girls up and put my hand in my pocket. OH GROSS!!! What is that slimmy stuff in my pocket, that's all over my keys and stuff. Yep, you guess it, the missing egg. I guess it got wrapped in my head band I wear to keep my ears warm. [​IMG]

I think I'll be taking out an egg basket or something in the future.

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yep been there and done that ...also had the dog jump and break some too...not fun either...LOL

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I've done it before... but worse. I put one in my pants pocket and then forgot... Bent down and crack... there goes the egg broken into the keys in the same pocket.... Stood up and egg white and yolk came running down my leg.. .terrible feeling.

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    LOL [​IMG]

5. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I am always thinking that I will do that [​IMG] I am sure glad that hasn't happened yet...That would be a bad surprise to reach in and feel that slimmy goo! [​IMG]

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah it was like stepping on a slugand have it ooze between your toes. But I think the slug is worse.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Jellyfish is worse...

Someone had her eggs in her pants pocket and did the laundry...
    Clean AND Scrambled

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I done it once before as well. I forgot one in my swaet pants. Through them on the foor and later on when I wanted to put them on I can feel the slime on my leg. Me stupidly wondering why there is slime pulled out the shattered egg and said "oh there you are" Who wants scambled eggs?

9. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    I can't tell you how many times I've washed my jacket! [​IMG]

The frustrating thing about this...I HAVE AN EGG BASKET!! I just rarely use it!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  10. crazy4chicsinBC

crazy4chicsinBC Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2007
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    I sometimes have a problem carrying 3 eggs in a 2 egg hand. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by