Oh Happy Day! My first egg from the "new girls"!

2boxers

Songster
11 Years
Feb 16, 2008
Halifax Co Virginia
My two BR's and two SLW have been taking their own sweet time in laying eggs. In fact, I didn't expect to see any brown eggs from them until spring. But today, in a terribly made nest, I found the cutest little perfect light brown egg! I did the happy dance right there in the chicken run! All my chickaroos where bawking at me like I'd lost my pea-pickin mind! I broke out a whole loaf of bread for them I was so happy!

Of course...now I don't know what I'm going to use to make lunch for my daughter tomorrow. Wonder if I can send layer pellets in her lunch box?

My older girls have been laying since I got them, but this egg is the first from girls that I raised on my own! I am just tickled stupid.

Of course...now I don't know what I'm going to use to make lunch for my daughter tomorrow. Wonder if I can send layer pellets in her lunch box?

Lol. Thats what my mom does for me!
wink.png

Anywho.. Congrats on the first egg!
smile.png

Thanks, y'all. I went back out & looked at the nest she made. It was a mess-I should have taken a picture! It was her first effort, though, and as such, it wasn't half bad.

The egg was tiny but perfect, the shell was plenty strong. There was a bit of blood on it, but that is normal for a beginner, right?

Back
Top Bottom