Oh he drives me nuts!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by DUCKGIRL89, Dec 2, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    We (my 5 year old brother a I) were out gathering wood for the fireplace and my brother came to me and said "Madison! Your ducklings need to die!" So I said "why?" Then he said "because you love them tooooo much!" And I said "thats no reason for them to need to die!" And he said, "if you dont sell them im gonna kill them" and I went nuts! And tryed to tell my mom and she didnt do a thing about it! She didnt even care! And he also throws rocks at the big ducks for no reason, and sprays them with the hose. Again I tell my mom, and still ..... NOTHING!.... hes driving me insane! And I cant stand him! And he gets me in trouble ALL the time.... Cause he hates my ducks!...... WHY!?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (sorry, just need someone to help calm me down!)

2. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    It sounds like he wants some of the attention you pay to the ducks and other animals. Negative attention is better than none to a child so young. Be patient, I know it is hard. Try asking him to help you with the animals, if he is given a part of their care, and it gets him time with you, he may stop being a pain.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I tryed that, and ge still continues to be a jerk to them, and they are now afraid of me [​IMG]

4. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    If that was my little brother I'd give him a slap on the face

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

That just makes me mad, I would say " How would you like to have rocks thrown at you, or squirted with a squrit gun" And if I caught him doing it I would do what he was doing to the ducks to him.

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:If I did he would cry and tell my mom and I would get in trouble..... As I always do..... Hes a little brat!

7. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    hes five... just tell them that ducks have secret powers and they beat up people they don't like [​IMG] [​IMG] haha but seriously, when my brother threw a rock at my chickens, I threw my rooster at him. He never messed with them again.

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    That would so earn a spanking in my house. Very sorry. Is it the 5 year old that says this? If so they struggle with empathy at times. I have found it useful with my youngest son to turn it to somethign he cares about. He takes something of my daughters and breaks it. I don't actually go break his toy but I will grab his favorite toy and ask him how he would feel if his sister broke it and she could never play with it again. As a generaly rule the lip sticks out and he starts getting upset. Then I ask him how he thinks his sister feels now that he just did that to her toy. As a general rule this helps. If he has consistantly been allowed to act this way he will only get worse. Consistantly instilling that empathy can fix the problem. Takes time. I am a mom and I am not sure why its ok with your mom.

9. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]
    hahaha I had 3 sisters so brothers I know nothing about lol

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I have no idea why its ok with her either. She doesnt really care about my ducks, and only likes her chickens for eggs. Otherwise she hates the darn dinky things. I love her chickens though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by