Oh he was so cute I just had to give him a chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Emzyyy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Well anyway our neighbor's had friends over the other day and the friends had just adopted a 7 year old boy from Haiti his name was Luke and he was adorable. Anyway the dad brought his daughter and Luke over and Luke just automatically scoops up one of my hens like it is the best thing he's ever seen and automatically starts asking questions like "Is that big one the mama?" (POINTING AT ROOSTER). Anyway after they had to pull him away from the chickens back to the neighbor's house for dinner. I decided what the heck I was gonna get rid of some roosters anyway so I ran next door with my White Silkie Roo (Dodge) in hand and asked his mother if they wanted the Roo. They lived on a farm with horses and ducks so it worked out well, and she asked a bunch of questions I gave her the URL of this site just in case and she says she plans on getting some silkie hens now. I hope the roo isn't too lonely though he has always been with other chickens and they didn't have any yet.

2. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    that's very sweet of you! [​IMG]

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    That's awesome! You are such a kind person!

4. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Too sweet!!! You probably just made a future BYC'er!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by