Oh Honey....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chefchick, Sep 13, 2011.

1. chefchick

chefchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    I have to share a funny story...Or at least I think my hubby's "blonde moment" was hilarious! Yesterday, my darling husband, (who HAS had various sorts of critters his whole life, and hunts, fishes, you name it) went to take care of my fuzzy little freeloaders who should start laying anytime (they are GSL and RIR-19 weeks). He didn't know that I put dummy eggs in the nest boxes over the weekend. One of the dummy eggs was a lavender ceramic egg with yellow spots given to my daughter by her day care teacher when she was little. Hubby came in the house and asked about the "egg" in the nest box. I told him when I had put it there and he said..."Well I wondered when I went in there...when I saw it I thought it was a little early for the Easter Eggers to start laying!" So, I didn't tell husband that Easter Eggers (my EEs are only 11 weeks old and are still not totally confirmed hens anyway)don't lay purple eggs with yellow spots for fear of dissappointing him. He will have to figure it out on his own later!

2. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Good for you, don't ruin his dreams of having colored easter eggs [​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing!

3. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

4. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    OMG [​IMG] I need a purple speckled egger pls!!!

6. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

7. lololololololollololol X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    He is going to be SO disappointed when he sees the actual eggs!

9. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Great story! Love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by