Oh, I can't wait..... [Now its :( It doesnt work]

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny the Hippie Chick, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Finally I have found a incubator; a TurnX6 with turner and brooder ring. I have been checking the postal tracking number. It did not say where it was. Then I checked it today. It has arrived at the post office. But its the weekend.. So I cant pick it up.. I just cant wait to get it and test it out. Make sure it is all there and in working order, you see it is used. And after I test out the temperature, it is time to hunt down some button quail eggs to hatch.. I just cant wait.. Ive been waiting for a few months to find one in my price range.. Just thought I would share..

Cant wait to start hatching.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Happy hatching!

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] yeah...keep us all informed as to how your hatching develops....wish I had one ((Sigh))

4. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Thank you "Pinky" and "English Chick" I will have a wonderful time hatching.. And for sure I will let every one know how my hatch goes with this thing. My home-made one didnt work. Hubby didnt want me getting a styrofoam one. So now I have the TX6 and cant wait to use it.. I will be waiting at the Post Office door in the morning waiting for it to open, so I can pick it up.. [​IMG]

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Happy hatching, it's a ton of fun.

6. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Thank you all for wishing me a Happy Hatching..

But I dont think it is going to happen.. The coil is not warming up. It is only staying a few degrees warmer than the house. The extra heat, I think is coming from the heat of the fan motor. Bummer.. I think I have a dud. And spent all my money on this one..

Im so sad.. [​IMG]

I think I am going to have to file a complaint with paypal about the ebay seller I bought it from. He said he had it plugged in for a few hours and it held temp. fine. If I knew it would not. I would have never bid on it..

So now I am back to square one.. No working incubator.. And now no money to buy another one.. [​IMG]

7. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    That just sucks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Somebody would definitely be hearing from me!

8. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Ya I was pretty mad about it. But I wrote the ebay seller a letter. I could not rant, had to be nice and ask how they were going to fix this. But I bet in the end I am going to have to file a compaint with paypal eventually. My very first time doing this. I so had my hopes up to finally being able to hatch.. I guess I should have bought a new one. But they are to expensive. I might just have to wait till next year to get one... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by