1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh I LOVE raising these little ones....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hanh3197, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    You know how chicks usually separate and run in circles like crazy when you stick your hands in the brooder right?
    Well yesterday when I stuck my hand in, one of the bantams hopped on my hand! Surprised me a little but was so cute!
    It started to fall asleep (the chick AND my hand!) when all of a sudden one after another the rest of the 5 start hopping on my hand to sleep!
    It was the most adorable thing EVER [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now whenever I stick my hand in that one Mille Fleur D'uccle chick who got on first always gets on [​IMG] Even if i set it down it automatically hops on again [​IMG]
    Oh i LOVE it!......but my hand does get numb [​IMG]

2. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

So happy for you, when I raised my chicks I always enjoyed them getting around my hand and cuddling. They are precious.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's really sweet [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My Mille Fleur doesn't leave my side while I'm in the coop. As soon as I sit down, she immediately is on top of me. She's even flown on me while I was standing. She's a very sweet girl, but has a bad habit of biting my fingers.[​IMG] I'm trying to break her of it.

5. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    My girls are almost 3 weeks now and 4 out of the 5 come running to me every time I come into the room. Love love LOVE it! They are so cute and sweet! I do have 1 who runs the other way. Ah well... [​IMG]

6. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    It's beautiful when that happens... when my pullets were maybe two or three months old, they'd sleep on the side of a large box: I'd put my arm out in front of them, they'd step onto my arm in much the same way like it was a roost [​IMG]

7. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    The down side of it though...... is that sometimes they POOP ON YOU! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Noobchick

Noobchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    So sweet!! Mine did that too the first day we had them (got them at about a week old) and that was the end of our supposed plan to use some of them for meat when they stopped laying.

9. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

haha, yah. I had the same pact with my family, but you just get so attached to the little things so quickly. Its almost unthinkable that I could eat any of my chickens, accept the large, mean roosters.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by