1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Oh I want her SOO bad!! UPDATED PICTURES Post #25

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahFair, May 13, 2010.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My SO has taken an interest (somewhat) in my goats [​IMG]
    He asked me about a month ago, 'Why dont you get some of those fainting goats? I really like those.'
    Well they are super expensive around here so I just kinda put it off. Well yesterday while looking through the farm and garden section on CL I saw a lady who was selling them at a pretty good price. They are suppose to be purebred. The one little doeling is ADORABLE and I want her BAD.
    The lady lives about 2-3 hours from me so I dont know if would be able to pick her up till saturday. I just hope no one else buys her! [​IMG]

My SO really likes her too... and that means something! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I love my Fainters, they are very sweet. I bought one for $50, but recently lost her to a freak accident............ sometimes fainting is not a good thing.. [​IMG] But for the most part they are a joy to have and mine get along well with my other animals.

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Ohhh Im even more excited!!!!!!
    He said hed give me her sister for an extra $25 as long as they go together! [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Im going to go pick her and her sister up this morning
    Heres the picture from the ad
    [​IMG]

5. vickie2133

vickie2133 Songster

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    So cute. I havent' had the fainting goats, but I do have 3 pygmeys. Then by chance there was two fainting goats given to my aunt and uncle,they was twins(male and female) she got them at a few days old and had to bottle feed them. They are eating well, and she only wants a female, so guess who gets the male. Me!! LOL I haven't even saw it because their farm is a few towns away, but I am so tickled. So I understand your feelings on this.

6. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:I read they dont faint as kids but it starts when they get a little older..

You dont happen to live in Corbin, Ga do ya? [​IMG]
    I wont be able to breed these babies till next fall, but it would be nice to know someone with a buck

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    OH MY! they are so adorable! I want one too! but, other than the entertainment value, and THAT must be pretty high [​IMG] , what else do they do? milking?
    The fuzzy dark one is too sweet. please post more pics on this thread when you get them! I love goats and sheep and calves and...all those things that eat, and poo and require more time and money than I have... but I can live vicariously through BYC!

8. vickie2133

vickie2133 Songster

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    LOL Corbin, KY. But if we was closer, I would say sure you could borrow him. We need to keep in contact and share cute pics though for sure.

9. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I was doing some light reading on them and it said they are used for meat

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hummmmm..... my fainter's ears don't fold like theirs? Are they pure? Very cute.

[​IMG]

Max & Madison as kids..........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by