oh, its on now!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by beach livin', Sep 25, 2011.

1. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    the building process i mean [​IMG] i spent the day in the rain prepping. i cut down a tree that was in my way(careful not to harm the wild grapes, i use those to make my muskadine jelly), raked all the debris up(ended up with a debris pile 4 feet by 6 feet), and i tore the rotten roof off the lean-too we are going to incorporate(wish i had my hens, because there were too many creepy crawlies for me), and i started to trench along the side of the shed so i can lay a digging barrier. the husband was very impressed and astonished that i worked in the rain [​IMG] he came out to help me sink the 4x4's for the enclosure. so all in all, today was a very productive day. full of rakes, shovels, hack saw, post hole diggers, and an occasional ax! my official measurements for the enclosure is 8x12, which is 96sqft. i hope that is big enough for 4 hens [​IMG] now on to "draw" a picture of what i want my coop to look like(ill have to remind dh that it is not to scale. lol)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    dot forget to take progress pics, you be glad you did... [​IMG]

3. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Yes the rain here in NC has put a damper
    on all my plans this weekend.