Oh jeez, hubby is going to strangle me...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, I had talked him into letting me get the button quail and TWO pullets. So... I end up getting some buttons. I started with 5, then got a dozen or so more, then hatched out some eggs (ended up with one), then hatched some MORE eggs, and there are more in the mail, supposed to arrive today. I had lost some of the buttons, having a lot of accidents, including a cat attack, then having them overheat in the bathroom. That makes, umm, 19 button quail, plus the 50 eggs coming today. Hubby's not super happy about that, but he doesn't complain, since they're small. Well, I had also picked up two chicken chicks, a cochin and a silkie, six weeks ago. He wasn't too happy about them, but, he had agreed to them. THEN, I end up getting coturnix quail (brought home a dozen and processed six, including my breeder roo by accident, lol). He wasn't happy there, he thought we were processing all of them, and then we ended up getting 19 eggs from the breeder down the road. THEN, I end up ordering several groups of chickie eggs. I have 8 chicks (including the pullet and the unknown silkie), a few eggs in the bator (one or two serama eggs, OEGB and sizzle eggs), and I'm ordering some lavendar bantam Ameraucana eggs. I'm definately keeping my Vulture Bird (the pullet), and I'd like to keep two bantam EE's, plus the white silkie if it's a pullet, then there's a little black sizzle who's really warming my heart, and I want to keep at least one Ameraucana. Hrmm, any other bird fanatics out there that want to start a commune for wives that get kicked out for having too many chickens or similar birds?! Lol.

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    boy oh boy, your gonna be extra busy [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] I started out with 5 chicks. I now have several chickens (ages 1 day to 2 years old), 3 Buttons, 5 Coturnix, a pair of geese, a turkey, 4 Scovies, 4 Runners, 1 cayuga, 1 mutt duck, and a pair of Calls. That is just the birds. We have other critters also.

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one! The only problem for me is that I have to keep my birds indoors! Thankfully I bought a sewing machine earlier this year, so I can make chicken diapers to let them "free-range" in the house, then "coop" them in a cage at night or when nobody is home. [​IMG] The one bird is already basically free-range when I am watching her, but I have the shampooer in the room for when she poos (yuck!). I have to hurry up and make a diaper for her, but with her being 6 weeks, she's going to have to get new ones on a regular basis. Thankfully, I'll have other chickies that will grow into them, I just have to get off my tush and get them made!

5. quailbrain

quailbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    Buttons are so addicting and this time of year is so hard to say no! Happy Hatching!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by