Oh my day did not get off to a good start...

Mother_Hen2011

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
New Mexico
Not sure if this should be here but today I had to cull a rooster.. Against my beliefs I had to he was mean to my hens and my other rooster so in the best for my flock my dh had to cull him... I feel so bad.. I've been crying for an hour.. And I feel horrible... But at least I was with him till the very end.. Even gave him some love before he left.. Sweet dreams my dear Nermal and may you rest in piece. Im sorry you had to leave us in the beginning of life.. You had so much potential and I will miss your terribly.

102233_misc_013.jpg

It's never an easy thing when they are a pet. In a few days it hopefully won't hurt as bad, although you won't forget him.

Quote:
Thank you.. He was part of a trio we bought in april.. Not knowing they were roos... I have 2 left of the 3 roos and 3 hens... I never want to cull another one! EVER...My heart just feels like its shattered thats for sure..
hit.gif
hit.gif

Quote:
Thank you I appreciate it.. Its hard to have to see him go but maybe hes better where hes at now.. I hope he knows I loved him and that I hated taking him like that.. But I had no other choice and I know this..

hugs.gif
I am so sorry you had to do that. Not too long ago I had to do the same but for a different reason. It is never easy to put down a pet that you love, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom