OH MY GOD! WHEN AM I GOING TO SEE SOME EGGS FROM MY CHICKENS???!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by texaspolloloco, Sep 3, 2014.

1. texaspolloloco

texaspolloloco Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    Georgetown TX
    So I have 61 chickens that are 19-21 weeks and I was sure that with that many I would have some early layers. About half are 19 weeks old and the other half going on 21 weeks old. Not a single egg yet. This is my first time to raise my own chicks. In the past I had bought started pullets or laying hens. Some of the breeds I have are Buff Orps, Black Austrolop, Production Reds, Easter Eggers, Rhode Island Whites, Buff Brahama and a few others. Im really not looking for solid answers because I know there is no such thing. I think I just want to vent on here. So if you are tired of waiting as well lets talk about this!

2. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Are they in a comfortable stress free environment, with nesting boxes and getting enough hours of daylight as well as proper nutrition?

I had to supplement my new ones with additional hours of light to get them to finally start laying this year since it's late in the season... It only took 3 days after I supplemented their light schedule to 14 hours a day aka turning on coop lights before sunrise so they get a fake 14 hour day of light... Worked like magic...

3. texaspolloloco

texaspolloloco Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    Georgetown TX
    Yes they are comfortable maybe a little tight in the coop at night. Stress free-Well I would think so. They are getting plenty of daylight here in Texas and they do have plenty of nesting boxes (18). I did not supplement light last winter and my girls layed all winter. There diet rocks they get fed very well everything organic non GMO tons of healthy scraps, meal worms, and what ever they find out in the yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by