Oh my god, you people are AWFUL!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bettacreek, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    So, I started out with five pet button quail. I got them, then decided that I'd get some coturnix for eggs/meat and because they're supposed to be tamer than the buttons. I couldn't find the jumbos around here that I could get right away, so I went with some jumbo eggs. Now, I've caught this nasty hatching bug that is rampant on this forum. I have my homemade bator, buying an LG from Sam, and I can't stop looking on here, eggbid, ebay and local classifieds for eggs. I'm probably going to get even another incubator just for hatching. Thankfully I've started working again, otherwise I'd be in trouble and I think hubby would toss me into the doghouse!
    You guys are just a bunch of dirty enablers!

2. nothing will help you now. When you end up with 5 brooders and a full incubator, a nursery full of 4 week old chicks and 80 or so chickens in the barn, then you will have to stop. Until then ENJOY !!

3. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I have looked for a vacine but I think once the bug gets you. You're a goner.

4. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    Quote:Stop, no, that is when you build a new coop and a new brooder!!! [​IMG] I will be exactly there by July. That's the plan anyway. Chickens are addictive!

5. Dr.Doorlock

Dr.Doorlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Garland, Texas
    You know, I just started out getting a few production hens because I REALLY love fresh eggs. Now I'm inventing devices to build the grandest coop possible. The day I got their bubble window off a display at work I babbled so much (through my ear-to-ear grin) about it my wife thought I had finally lost it. She's asked me more than once to try and talk about something else for just a little while.

So now we're all in this together. I guess if this is the only way I cheat on the wife or marage is still secure.......that is if I can think to talk to her about other things. Maybe when I start the garden we'll share a common interest. Maybe I should get one of those fuzzy, cute chicks.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You know, you can't really blame us. There IS a disclaimer on the home page! [​IMG]

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I love my quail. A friend of mine on here got me hooked big time. I boiled my first 9 quail eggs today and my little boys were eating them faster than I could peel them. [​IMG]

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    [​IMG]

Not here they would give you something nasty like that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by