Oh My Goodness... I'm a bad Mommy....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Dec 13, 2008.

1. [​IMG]
    My 3 year old who acts alot older than her age just came to be with brothers wallet in her hands and he had two pennies in there and now there's only one. She came to me with the wallet in her hands and said "Mommy I have a penny in my tummy" I was like WHAT?! When I asked her where the other penny went she said "I swallowed it and it went down."
    This is my third child. I have never had one eat anything before. I'm freaking out. I had her take a drink and it went down fine and she's breathing normal and swallowing normal.
    My husband doesn't have a cell phone and is at work for a few more hours delivering mail and I don't drive. I called my Ped. and left a message, hopefully someone calls me back. Should I take her to the ER for X-rays or something?! Or will it just come out in poo?! [​IMG]

God, I feel really crummy right now. Bad Mommy, BAD Mommy!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, honey, it's fine. You wont believe that my own mom had a penny taped in my baby book...one I had swallowed and "recovered" later, LOL.

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I swallowed a German Pfennig when i was a kid. I was allowed to let nature takes its course. Do you have a nurse call line at your local hospital? They might help put your mommy heart at ease.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I swallowed a quarter when I was little. Trust me, youll find it in a day or so when she goes to the restroom.

5. Don

Don Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Oil City, PA
    Like I told my wife the FIRST time this happened to us ...
    "This too shall pass."

Y'all are gonna be just fine. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My son ate enough coins to feed the family for a week! Don't worry - it comes out.....

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Reminds me of a story I heard regarding how sensitive parents are with the first kid, but they gradually learn:

Parents have first kid that swallows a quarter. They rush him to the emergency room to get stomach pumped.

Years later the second child swallows a quarter. This time they patiently watch and wait and make sure there are no complications.

Years later the third child swallows a quarter. This time the parents just deduct it from his allowance! [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I am so sorry you are feeling bad over this. [​IMG] These things happen and it does NOT make you a "bad mommy". My oldest son would not eat ANYTHING without asking first. I would give him food and he would say "it good?" or "it okay to eat" in his baby voice before he would touch it. My middle one was a shock....if it couldn't outrun him and wasn't to big to fit in his mouth....it was consumed. [​IMG] She will be fine. [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:LOL....reminds me of my policy about snacks!!! My first one, if it dropped to the floor it was immediately thrown away and my hands scrubbed before getting him a new one. The second one I would blow it off and hand it back. The third one would drag a weeks old cheeto from under the couch and I would sigh with relief.....hey, he got his own snack this time!!!!

10. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Being three years old, she will be fine. It is small enough to pass through. I would just keep an eye on her bowel movements to make sure it comes out.

And no..it does not make you a bad mother! If only everyone was as worried about their children as you!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by