1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Oh My Goodness!!!!! picture posted!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sheeshshe, Oct 2, 2009.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Songster

May 6, 2009
    Apparently all I had to do with ask a question about adding a neighbors laying hen to see if it would jump start mine and today I get my very own first egg!!!!!!!!!!! its so cute and little!

My due date for my baby is on monday and for the past 2 mos I've been saying its going to be a race to see what comes first, the baby or the egg... the egg won! I am so excited!

Ya know how you look in EVERY day and see nothing? and then one time you look and much to your surprise there is a real egg???? I was in shock!!!! I'm too excited!!

I'm going to take pictures later when the 2y old is in bed... but its a little light brown egg.

I have cinnamon queens and buff orpingtons... my guess is the buff because she's been acting "eggie" for weeks now [​IMG] but the cinnamon queen grew big wattles this past week so who knows!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] for you and the chicken! [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Congratulations [​IMG]

4. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Songster

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    exciting isn't it?!

5. chicknjane

chicknjane Songster

Jul 2, 2009
    Pine Grove, PA
    [​IMG] I'm so excited for you. Congratulations on your first egg and your newest edition to the family.

6. trilyn

trilyn Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] Congrats on the egg-now for the baby.....woohooo!!! Here's wishing for a speedy and safe delivery! Good luck and God bless!! [​IMG]

7. myway57

myway57 In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    blanchard La.
    congrats:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am up to 14 a day from my girls.........

8. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Songster

May 6, 2009
    Thank you ALL!!!! [​IMG] I was just shocked to see it!!! I still can't believe it!

So its really light brown... do you think that means its from my buff? a red sex-link lays brown too though, right?

On the left, a brown store bought egg, on the right... the cute little egg from today,... awwww. I don't know if I'm ever going to want to eat it, I feel like I should frame it or something! LOL!

[​IMG]

9. whytedragon

whytedragon Songster

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    I haven't had any chicken eggs yet, but I know just how you feel...I breed Budgies and Cockatiels, and it's always so exciting! I finally got eggs from my Lutino pair [​IMG]

Come on chickens, your turn!

10. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Songster

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Congrats on the eggs!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by