Oh My Goodness!!!!! picture posted!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sheeshshe, Oct 2, 2009.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Apparently all I had to do with ask a question about adding a neighbors laying hen to see if it would jump start mine and today I get my very own first egg!!!!!!!!!!! its so cute and little!

My due date for my baby is on monday and for the past 2 mos I've been saying its going to be a race to see what comes first, the baby or the egg... the egg won! I am so excited!

Ya know how you look in EVERY day and see nothing? and then one time you look and much to your surprise there is a real egg???? I was in shock!!!! I'm too excited!!

I'm going to take pictures later when the 2y old is in bed... but its a little light brown egg.

I have cinnamon queens and buff orpingtons... my guess is the buff because she's been acting "eggie" for weeks now [​IMG] but the cinnamon queen grew big wattles this past week so who knows!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] for you and the chicken! [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Congratulations [​IMG]

4. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    exciting isn't it?!

5. chicknjane

chicknjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    Pine Grove, PA
    [​IMG] I'm so excited for you. Congratulations on your first egg and your newest edition to the family.

6. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] Congrats on the egg-now for the baby.....woohooo!!! Here's wishing for a speedy and safe delivery! Good luck and God bless!! [​IMG]

7. myway57

myway57 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    blanchard La.
    congrats:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am up to 14 a day from my girls.........

8. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Thank you ALL!!!! [​IMG] I was just shocked to see it!!! I still can't believe it!

So its really light brown... do you think that means its from my buff? a red sex-link lays brown too though, right?

On the left, a brown store bought egg, on the right... the cute little egg from today,... awwww. I don't know if I'm ever going to want to eat it, I feel like I should frame it or something! LOL!

[​IMG]

9. whytedragon

whytedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    I haven't had any chicken eggs yet, but I know just how you feel...I breed Budgies and Cockatiels, and it's always so exciting! I finally got eggs from my Lutino pair [​IMG]

Come on chickens, your turn!

10. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Congrats on the eggs!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by