Oh, my gosh, best restaraunt meal ever!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kari_dawn, Nov 24, 2011.

1. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    There is this wonderful Thai restaraunt in the city I work in. Now, mind you, I am SUPER critical of all things "thai cuisine" here in the states. Thailand was my home for three years. Though this dish does not seem authentic to me, it is DELICIOUS! It is deboned duck breast, pan crisped, over rice, and crispy basil yum!! I do not recall eatting ANY duck, or seeing any really available in Thailand, but I LOVE this dish! Most of the time, they make it super spicy, like the majority of Thai food, and since I don't eat spicy, I always have to ask them to really tone it down for me, and take the bell peppers out. Yummy! Even the second time around!! ^.^

The basil is so pretty! I guess they pan fry it, but it makes it crispy and translucent, and so yummy! [​IMG]

2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Thai is one of my favorites [​IMG]

Though I know I've likely never had REAL Thai.

My friend Tani is from Thailand... when we were going through work training together, we used to walk every other day to this great Thai place for lunch.

I always had the same thing, Kung Pao chicken with the mild sweet/spicy sauce and honey roasted peanuts on top... and Tani thought I was nuts for always eating the same thing.... but when I like something, I stick with it [​IMG]

Her aunt owns a Thai restaraunt in Chicago... and Tani even worked there.... but can you believe it? She can't cook a thing! So no cooking tips for me! [​IMG]
    And ALL I really wanted was to know how to make a REAL Peanut sauce! (Tried many recipes, the jars from the store.. they aren't the same! [​IMG] )

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I love Asian food. We're always going out to Chinese, Japanese, Thai, etc. restaurants when we have something to celebrate or just feel like a night out. [​IMG]
    Duck is great, although my personal favourite is sizzling salt & pepper beef.

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    My mom is from Taiwan, so I am all about asian cuisine. MMMM I know what you mean about finding one you like and sticking to it! I keep going to this place, and every time, I tell myself I am going to try something different, but I can never get myself to order something else! It's always Thai tea, crispy basil duck, and sticky rice with custard or mango (sometimes black rice and taro pudding) [​IMG]

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Sounds like something you can try to replicate at home.I love ethnic restaurants and stores too!

6. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    My best ever restaraunt meal was gifted to me as a wedding gift by my boss at the time. He knew the chef there and told us we couldnt order...just sit back and enjoy! It was the best thai food I had ever,ever had! I especially remember the beef being soooo tender you hardly had to chew it. YUM! The chef bought out dish after dish of super delishiness and we were there for hours.

7. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Quote:What a lovely wedding gift!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by