1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OH MY GOSH! candled egg and droped it :( (graphic details)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickensEverwhere, May 31, 2011.

1. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Its exactly 2 weeks today. And I was candling and the egg slipped out f my hands and broke! I feel so bad [​IMG] I finished him off because there was blood all over my floor, the chick was gasping! Im heart broken it was a little black chick and I killed him because im a klutz! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Pinx

Pinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Amarillo, Texas
    [​IMG] I'm sorry. [​IMG]

3. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    [​IMG]

4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry.... these things happen. Thanks for sharing... I am candleing on Sunday and will either do it sitting down with a towel on my lap or over the sink with a thick folded towel to pad it.

5. perrym1962

perrym1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Eastview, Ky..
    I wet the tips of my fingers and it helps to keep a better grip...[​IMG]

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

[​IMG]

I am so sorry ... I know your pain. I did that my very first time incubating ever... dropped an egg on the hardwood floor on DAY 17!! I had the egg in my hand and was about to candle it. My cell phone was in my hip pocket, and it went off and vibrated and I jumped. Dropped the egg on the floor, candling flashlight went flying in the opposite direction. The cracked open when it hit the floor & only a little bit of blood came out. I couldn't bear to open in the rest of the way and look. I took it into the backyard and finished it off and felt horrible for about a week. I still feel like doodoo when I think about it.

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    So sorry. I have thought about that when I have candled mine. What if I should drop one??? It hasn't happened yet but probably there are more people who have candled and had it happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by