Oh my gosh! Day 19!??! up to 9 peeps! pics on pg 2

NickyPick

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Pine Valley (New Waverly), TX
I went in to put the incubator on lockdown as per the instructions and lo and behold, there were 3 peeps in there!! Still wet, but pretty active. And 4 other eggs have cracks! I wasn't planning on setting up the brooder until this afternoon, so now I'm rushing around like Chicken Little, for sure.

Last edited:
so they came early ?
jumpy.gif
Congrats !!
woot.gif
Hope mine will come soon ! (Jan. 28th)

Glad I'm not the only one. Put the incubator on lockdown on Monday night, expecting hatch Wednesday/Thursday. Two eggs peeped at me when I moved them. Tuesday after work, 3 hatchlings! Wednesday morning, 3 more! Maybe I DID remember the set date correctly
th.gif

What breed were your chicks??? Had you upped your humidity yet?? I set my first eggs ever last Sat so I'm trying to learn as much as I can!!

Congrats on your chicks can't wait for mine!!!
jumpy.gif

I'm on day 19 under a broody silkie as of this morning no pips but i didn't look real good just a quick sneak peek since it's 25 outside I'm excited these will be my first silkie crosses and i'm just hoping she will stay broody long enough for the 2 turken eggs to hatch next week
fl.gif

The peeps are mixes as I have a both an EE and BO roo and EE, Buff Orps, Wyandotts (SL & GL) and dk Brahma hens. These 3 came from brown eggs, but they all have tiny little beards, so looks like Mr. Feathers is the papa.

I did go ahead and remove the egg turner and added water to the other reservoirs. Humidity is up to 65% right now. I hope that's correct. This is my first hatch too.

Back
Top Bottom