Oh my gosh! Day 19!??! up to 9 peeps! pics on pg 2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NickyPick, Jan 13, 2012.

1. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I went in to put the incubator on lockdown as per the instructions and lo and behold, there were 3 peeps in there!! Still wet, but pretty active. And 4 other eggs have cracks! I wasn't planning on setting up the brooder until this afternoon, so now I'm rushing around like Chicken Little, for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

A nice surprise!

3. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    so they came early ?[​IMG] Congrats !! [​IMG]Hope mine will come soon ! (Jan. 28th)

4. Chuckles1330

Chuckles1330 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Mableton
    Glad I'm not the only one. Put the incubator on lockdown on Monday night, expecting hatch Wednesday/Thursday. Two eggs peeped at me when I moved them. Tuesday after work, 3 hatchlings! Wednesday morning, 3 more! Maybe I DID remember the set date correctly [​IMG]

5. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Aawww!! Mine came at day 19 too! :)

6. aaggjg

aaggjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    What breed were your chicks??? Had you upped your humidity yet?? I set my first eggs ever last Sat so I'm trying to learn as much as I can!!

Congrats on your chicks can't wait for mine!!![​IMG]

7. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I'm on day 19 under a broody silkie as of this morning no pips but i didn't look real good just a quick sneak peek since it's 25 outside I'm excited these will be my first silkie crosses and i'm just hoping she will stay broody long enough for the 2 turken eggs to hatch next week [​IMG]

8. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    The peeps are mixes as I have a both an EE and BO roo and EE, Buff Orps, Wyandotts (SL & GL) and dk Brahma hens. These 3 came from brown eggs, but they all have tiny little beards, so looks like Mr. Feathers is the papa.

I did go ahead and remove the egg turner and added water to the other reservoirs. Humidity is up to 65% right now. I hope that's correct. This is my first hatch too.

9. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm on day twenty... without anything. Jeepers, I want fuzzy butt so bad!!!

10. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011

I know the feeling I can't wait too see them. sending you fuzzy butt vibes [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by