Oh my gosh, my neighbor.....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dawnjoennikki98, Dec 25, 2010.

1. dawnjoennikki98

dawnjoennikki98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    New Jersey
    My neighbor, a grown man, late 40's with 3 children, was just QUACKING over the fence to try and get my ducks to quack!!!!! omg!!!! i heard him through the window and yelled "excuse me the ducks are asleep now!" My sister had sworn she heard neighbors quacking to annoy them, and get them to quack, and now I know she was right!!!! and on Christmas!! Trying to get other people to complain about them??? I don't know if most of you know, but i recently got a letter from the town about the run, and the ducks. Nothing about complaints or noise, and my ducks are in their shed from dusk to late morning every night. Ever since i got the letter, my ducks have been much louder than usual..I hear them from inside the house ..i thought it was just bad luck, but now i know why!!! And now I know who reported me....ugh!!! how the heck can i tell the council that my ducks are only being so loud cause my grown neighbor quacks at them!!

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Video tape the neighbor doing it. He is upsetting the birds.

3. dawnjoennikki98

Oct 5, 2010
    New Jersey
    Now I'm sorry I said anything to him...I should have kept my mouth shut and just gotten the camera! I'm sure I at least embarassed him.... But I will try to..

4. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Wow. Yes! Its GREAT that you said somthing! You had all right! He shouldnt be annoying your Ducks. & Yes. I would get the camera/video recorder. And send it in.

Hope it gets better
    -Nikky

5. dawnjoennikki98

Oct 5, 2010
    New Jersey
    Thanks! Now I'm afraid I've scared him off of doing it lol.

Edited :
    So then no chance of getting video...but now i'll be watching...and listening.. Wish I had a servalance camera for outside. :p

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  6. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Quote:[​IMG].........Hey if you did scare him off..Your Ducks will sleep Better! [​IMG]

7. dawnjoennikki98

Oct 5, 2010
    New Jersey
    True, and will be quieter during the day.

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Be sure you document everything. Dates, times, witnesses. He either complaining or he's a wacko-quacko.

His making them quack might be causing someone else to complain, if he just thinks he's being cute. [​IMG]

Good luck!

9. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    What an arse. [​IMG]

The neighbour kids feed candy wrappers to my chickens. *sigh* Suburbia....

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Humans.........[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by