Oh my gosh------myluck!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Oct 18, 2013.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Last October I fell and shattered the femur of my left leg. Had surgery, took 6 months for healling to even begin, and longer before I could even put weight on that leg. After months of physical therapy I was finally where I was using a four leg cane and walk.

Last week, Oct. 9, my brother was driving me down to St Louis for my one year check up with the surgeon. We stopped at Llincoln, IL at a gas station and got a soda and coffee. As my brother was finishing adding stuff to his coffee, I went on out to the car and decided to drive so my brother could have a rest from driving.

I had just gotten the heal of my right leg on the floorboard and felt my left leg collapse. Down I went. As I laid there on my back, some yelled and asked if I needed help. I said I needed an ambulance. They took me to the hospital.

I broken both bones in the lower part of my leg --- the left leg, the same leg I broke last year.

They can not do surgery cause the break starts where the articial knee is located and there is no room to put a rod down the leg or for a plate and screws. I can't have a cast, due to my diabetes. So I am now in a leg brace.

It will take three months to heal, if no complcations happen. The doctor said we have to baby it, baby it, baby it.

He did say I could still have the defibrillator implanted as long as the surgery team knows and understands to be very careful with the leg. That is scheduled for Oct. 29.

Sigh............................now isn't that just my luck. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Wow!

Do they know why your bones are so fragile? Are you on something for bone density?

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    So sorry! I will keep you in my thoughts. The pain must be unbearable. [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Really sucks to have a body that can't just be healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by