Oh my I am going to be so busy!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by gvntofly05, Aug 9, 2010.

1. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I decided that after much thought I am going to crochet a nice afghan for everyone for their Christmas gift! This means I need to crochet at least 6 afghans, it could be more if I move quick enough!

Each one is going to be 2 to 3 different colors all to match the recipients living rooms. I've decided on doing squares since it makes it easier to do wherever I am at. I have been crocheting for almost 17 years, so I know I can get it done but I can't help thinking I should have started 2 months ago!

Well I am off to the store to get the yarn for the first afghan!!! Wish me luck on this endeavor, it's going to have me busy until December!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's a lot of work.

Good luck & post pix (if you have time)

Imp

3. gvntofly05

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I will be sure to post pics as each one is finished!

I have declared myself insane! I have decided to make a pillow to go with each afghan also! [​IMG]

4. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    That is alot of work & starting two months ago wouldn't of even helped me. Good luck & look forward to seeing pic's.

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I will crack the whip if you need one. I love making squares to for the same reason. It is more portable and a do anywhere project. For me it's the sewing it together that slows me down. I'll be watching for picture too.

6. gvntofly05

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Well I am doing 16"x16" squares and I have found that I can do at least 1 square per day! That's great considering I have 2 small children to take care of and it's canning season.

On the weekends I should be able to do quite a bit more. In my estimation I should be able to do an afghan and pillow set in 2 weeks time!

I can't wait to post pics for all of you!

7. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Cool! I can't wait to see the pictures! [​IMG]

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    With that size of squares it shouldn't be very hard to get them all together. Are you sewing them together or crocheting them together/

9. gvntofly05

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Quote:I'll probably crochet them together. I can move a lot quicker that way!

10. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Lots of luck. I did it last year and finished in time so you should be able to do it if the pattern is simple. I used the granny square on most of mine although I did do two in hexagons.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by