1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OH MY- I Need to borrow a day old chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    My one single little Serama chick won't stop cheeping and he is breaking my heart! I gave him a mirror, a feather duster, and a stuffed animal- his temps are wonderful...but he is lonelyyyyyyyy...[​IMG] and he is too cute and little and fluffy to be lonely.. and ACK! Did I say HE? No no no no, I meant SHE. We even named her Sera, the Serama.
    AND I dont have a feed store that carries chicks anywhere near by.

2. ChelleEnchanted

ChelleEnchanted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Ohio
    Oh the poor thing.

I wish I could help!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck! When I had a lone chick I had it in a brooder box where it could see me all the time. When I was at school, it would be in his box within sight of my mom all day long. This went on until more chicks hatched and he got a friend... and it was a he.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Too bad i live all the way near the PA border. I would give you dum-dum chicken. S/he likes to scream his /her little head off too, because everybody else in the brooder is twice his size.This chick would be perfect for you. did you try Meyer hatchery? Or Ideal, ideal doesnt have a minimum chick order as long as the total(you can order shirt,books..) comes to 25$ or try to see if you have any amish families around that might have chicks.i found the amish always , most of the time , have nice chickens

5. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I have a couple Black Giants that are due to hatch on Monday- and three mystery chicks. Doesn't mean I will get five, but IF i get ONE chick, the Serama will have had a few days to grow and then it will have a buddy. [​IMG] It is so little, it looks like a quail baby.

I feel really bad for it- I am sorry its egg buddy didnt hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by