Oh my! It's roast and pie.....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by miss_jayne, Feb 11, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    we had a heavenly dinner tonight! recipes were featured in Taste of Home Magazine, Dec. & Jan. 2009.
    the recipes are in a 'budget meal' section. the Magazine is $3.99 in the US. the website is TASTEOFHOME.COM.

Buttermilk Roast Beef with Deluxe Corn Muffins (i made it as a pone) and Cranberry-Cherry Lattice Pie. (the pie called for a refrigerated crust, but i made a homemade one.)

there is buttermilk in the pie crust, on the roast and in the corn bread.

(i don't make the fanciest plate, but it sure tasted FANTASTIC!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I love Taste of Home mag. I made the cheesy bread in that issue...it was delish.
    Your plate looks goooooddddd [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i cannot find the recipe for the bread in this issue. what page is it on?

thanks for the compliment. the plates didn't look that full for long, my son got those.

4. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    Must.. leave.. work.. and .. get.. food! [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i'd invite you over, but i think it'll be cold by the time you get to MI from TX! [​IMG] want me to mail you a piece of pie?

6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    That looks mighty good, Miss Jayne. Over here its black bean soup with biscuits and a salad. Eating at about seven. Then its poached pears and chocolate sauce for dessert . . . . (Ha! before I edited this it said , I swear, "BACK bean soup and "poached EARS!")

I have never heard of this magazine. Hmnnnn. Veddy veddy interesting . . . .

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i love Back Soup and Poached Ears! [​IMG] pass me two Poached Ears please. What? we cannot hear you, our ears have been poached! [​IMG]

your supper sounds DELISH!

the magazine is very nicely done. organized, easy to utilize and practical.
    i highly suggest it.

8. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    Quote:i'd invite you over, but i think it'll be cold by the time you get to MI from TX! [​IMG] want me to mail you a piece of pie?

Brings a whole new meaning to Spam mail.......

I could totally take you up on that offer. Either going to MI or getting pie in the mail! [​IMG] My SO's father works for Delta, yay for Buddypasses! (as long as the Airline stays afloat [​IMG])

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow, another one that eats really early. I've barely made it to the barn and you have already served a meal.

Looks good though [​IMG]

10. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    [​IMG] Wow that looks good! I like the crust on the pie- always so hard to get it "crossed" like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by