Oh my naughty rooster! Disgusting!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WooingWyandotte, Sep 21, 2011.

1. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    First, meet the naughty one. A light brahma cock from a hatchery, Rio is the name.

[​IMG]

Yes, yes. He's pretty darn handsome, right?
    Also....he's a flirt. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right, so you can see Rio now. I am trying to get him a little tamer, as he is ruled by his 'manly-duties'. (A.K.A. grabbing every chance he has to mount) So, there I was innocently holding my cockerel, sitting on one of those neon orange 5 gallon buckets form Home Depot. I was gazing at the hens, one of them did a silly thing so I laughed, so naturally my cockerel opened his mouth too though.....only to BRUISE my teeth! Goodness, Rio! That ended his pets for the day with me spitting and wiping my shirt on my poor teeth.

Yach.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Silly, handsome Rio roo.
    One of my hens pecked my teeth once when I bent my head into the coop to greet her with a big smile. I think she was attracted to the shine. It is better than chickens being attracted to the glint in my eye. It would really hurt if they pecked me there.

3. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yech Ptwey Petuw Pt Pt Yech! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nitrostreak

Nitrostreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Jackson County
    The pullet in my profile picture likes to give me "kisses" on the lips, and preening my hair... I just have to be careful to keep my eye closed on the side of my head she's on! I've seen her eying it with concerning interest. [​IMG]

5. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    My roos peck my teeth so much haha! I once got pecked in the eye by a hen and got a scratched cornea

6. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Haha! So I found some worms for my chickens! Well Gypsy, my Ameraucana has worm guts and all all over her beak! So she comes and jumps up on my shoulder and started wiping it off on me!! lol GROSS! [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] That is too funny!! [​IMG]

I was holding BeepBeep, a pullet I raised from a baby, and I was talking to my little sister and she said something and I smiled and showed my pearly whites and she saw my teeth shing and gave them a good peck!! [​IMG]

~Aspen

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

No, you DONT want them pecking at your eye.....

Your teeth are a better item. they are not soft.

[​IMG]

10. Florida_country_boy

Florida_country_boy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Ouch!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by