Oh my oh my!!!What to get...

cgjsmith

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
I found a posting on creigs list of a person near me who raises wildlife ducks (or what ever they are called he has a huge assortment and I'm drooling at them!! Is there any special consideration that I need to know about maybe getting some wood ducks and some mandarins and maybe some other kind. If I buy a pair of each will they intermate or stick to their own breed? Do I need a special permit? Thanks Crystal
Edited to add what he has:) Are the prices ok?
I raise wild type waterfowl and have all of the appropriate federal paperwork that goes along with them. This year I will be selling my ducks at ages from 1 day to fully grown and the price will depend on the age and type. Currently I have Fulvous Tree Ducks at $15 each and will very soon have Wood Ducks and Mandarins at $10 and $15 each. If you are looking for any of the other varieties then contact me and I will tell you what I have such as Hooded Mergansers, Tufted Ducks, American and European Wigeon, Northern Pintails, Canvasback, Wood Ducks, Mandarins, Ringed Teal, Blue Winged Teal, Green Winged Teal, Black Belly Tree Ducks, Fulvous Tree Ducks, White Faced Tree Ducks, Barnacle Geese, Canada Geese, Northern Shovelers, Mallards and a few others

Last edited:
You will probably need a permit. Check with your state department of ag.

Most types of ducks will interbreed unless you keep them penned seperately.

If you've never kept waterfowl before, I would suggest you start with something a little easier to raise and breed. I wouldn't want you to get discouraged b/c most rare types of waterfowl are difficult to breed.

Back
Top Bottom