Oh, my old back-----

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sourland, Dec 1, 2012.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Why is my body treating me badly? I've been good to it. OK if I'm to be honest the first 50 years were sort of rough, but the last 21 I've been good. Yesterday while putting the invisible fence collar on the dog my back went 'out'. Yeah, I know really strenuous - I bent over. [​IMG] Perhaps I shouldn't rant. Now I can't put up the Christmas lights today.

It's an ill wind that blows no good. [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Once when I was young I threw my back out bending over to pick up a piece of paper. You'd think by now you'd have learned that stuff just happens! :oops:

I'm not as rough on my body as I used to be either but that probably has more to do with me getting tired quicker than anything else.

Remember that bad things seem to come in threes. Have a nice day!!! :duc

Good to see a post from you. I hadn't run across one of yours for a while and just wanted to say :frow

3. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Hey, Ridgerunner. Haven't been as active on line lately. 'Sandy' sort of messed things up, then we went on a trip, and now it's the 'holiday rush'. Sure hope that "things happening in threes" doesn't happen. Mom was superstitious and passed a lot of that on to me. Enter and leave through the same door, never put a hat on the table or bed and the list goes on.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Yeah, I saw you were hit by Sandy. Sounds like you got your life back together. I went through Katrina. Those things are not good.

Mom had some of the same stuff. The one that I especially liked was when she would see a crow in the road in August and she would say "There's a crow in the road. It's going to snow." It was usually around 90 degrees and sunny when she'd say that.

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] I sorry and so feel for your pain...totally can commiserate and hope your recovery is quick!

6. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    dewey thanks for the good wishes but just dealing with too many birthdays here.[​IMG] Put up all the outside Christmas decorations and lights today - all but the 'roof lights" that is. I'm not allowed on the roof when the Princess is not at home. Back feels OK - got to love Aleve.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by