oh my..such fun...worms

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by farrier!, May 1, 2009.

1. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I might now have a new fill in a few minutes enjoyment. Feeding worms to the chicks!
    They were a bit slow to stat with but loved them!!!! Hopefully after a few more "feedings" they will eat out of our hands.

Is it possible to overfeed fresh protein?

2. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    When I saw the title I was freaked for a second that you chicks may have gotten worms. Then, I read the post. I'll bet they LOVED their wiggly worms. I know mine sure do.

3. farrier!

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG]
    opps, did not think of that.... [​IMG]

4. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I think it was your recent run of bad luck that made me jump the gun. LOL [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. farrier!

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    It has been nice not having to wake to dying chicks anymore and having fun with them.

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    I gave mine a earthworm today, and it was a riot... the roo grabbed it and ran around not sure what to do with it, then the tug of war was on! i have heard others mention to give them a little grit when you do it though...

7. RainbowFlower

RainbowFlower Out Of The Brooder

We let out babies out for a scratch in the outdoor run for the first time today (the big girls were closed into their under cover run). One of them found a worm, and had so much fun with it. Racing around trying to eat it with the other 5 chasing her. They really loved scratching around, and exploring. Much more than the bigger girls who just wanted back into their coop when they had their turn at the outside world.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    The noise my BSL makes when she slurps up earth worms just cracks me up. She makes a total pig of herself and oinks out. hilarious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by