Oh My!

Orpingtons Mom

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Fredericksb'g/Culpeper VA
I just saw a beating heart.

Life.

I feel so humbled, and awed. There is a little “Person” inside there. I think of all my “cluckeroos” (that’s another of my Mom’s word inventions) as people... they are so different.

I love my boogies. When I let them out in the morning, they follow me everywhere.

Truly, I feel so blessed.

Life.

I feel so humbled, and awed. There is a little “Person” inside there. I think of all my “cluckeroos” (that’s another of my Mom’s word inventions) as people... they are so different.

I love my boogies. When I let them out in the morning, they follow me everywhere.

Great experience!

Life.

Congratulations!! I love watching them! I look in awe as I get to see the start of life and even the end it’s sad but you can say I watched this from start to finish! And not many people get experience whatwe get!!

A little bit discouraged this morning. I’m pretty sure I have failures. They are at day 15, and they are just not big enough. There are 7 more days... estimate. The air pocket is small... I just don’t have the experience to know whether this is normal or not.

Using a brinsea small incubator. Temp is 99.75 I have religiously turned and kept the water reservoir full.

Any comments?

Ok. All eggs dead. Confirmed today. Boohoo, but considering it was my first try, I don’t feel too bad. I didn’t get attached to them, except Kiwi.

Mistakes I’m pretty sure I made:

1. Should have left the temp on100 instead of lowering to 99.75.

2. I was checking them far too often. Only candle on the specific days: 7, 14, etc.

3 I think they lost heat when the top was ajar. Overnight.

Important: do not fill the water too high.

Wash hands before touching (found out too late)

I’m going to try again.

Ok. All eggs dead. Confirmed today. Boohoo, but considering it was my first try, I don’t feel too bad. I didn’t get attached to them, except Kiwi.

Mistakes I’m pretty sure I made:
1. Should have left the temp on100 instead of lowering to 99.75.
2. I was checking them far too often. Only candle on the specific days: 7, 14, etc.
3 I think they lost heat when the top was ajar. Overnight.
Important: do not fill the water too high.
Wash hands before touching (found out too late)

I’m going to try again.
Dang, sorry they didn't make it. Thanks for your analysis of the variables which may have affected development...I'm here to learn - with my first Incubator untested.

Back
Top Bottom