1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OH NATIONAL 2012 ~ Are you going to be there?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by wegotchickens, Oct 17, 2012.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    November 10-11 at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Colombus, OH.
    http://www.ohionational.org/ for more information.

Who entered birds there?
    Is anyone selling birds there?

2. dracoe19

dracoe19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    I'm going! [​IMG]I'll be bringing 1 silver laced rooster, 3 silver laced hens, 2 partridge wyandotte hens, 1 black orpington hen, 1 silver penciled wyandotte cockerel and 2 silver penciled wyandotte pullets. Not bringing anything with to sell (no room). Well possibly could squeeze a few pullets to sell not 100% sure yet. Definitely will take orders for chicks though ;) lol. I can't wait! So excited!

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I entered my Black Mottled d'Uccle rooster, Mille Fleur d' Uccle hen, and 2 pullets Mille Fleur and Black Mottled.
    Lori you selling anything? [​IMG]

4. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I will be there showing self-blue, black & mille fleur d'Uccles. I really wanted to enter some showgirls & silkies, but money is tight!

I am not entirely sure yet what I am bringing to sell. Probably some buff silkies. Mayyyyybe some d'Uccles. I really need to thin down a little more before winter hits, but am having a hard time making up my mind.

5. bgmama

bgmama Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Waynesfield
    My daughter Kiersten will be taking Snowey Calls that were Grand and Reserve Jr. Snowey's last year. She will take that pair again. She will also take a pair and two separate females to show that are offspring of the Grand and Reserve. We will also be taking 8 of their offspring to sell. She will also be showing frizzled seramas. She also won Grand and Reserve junior with those last year. We will be taking siblings of those to show this year. Plus plenty of siblings to sell. We are so excited about going back again this year!![​IMG]

6. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Awesome I hope she does well

7. mame1616

mame1616 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2008
    Middletown, NJ
    Not showing this year, just coming for fun. (Although the ten-hour drive is no picnic!) This is one of our favorite shows!

8. Fancy Favie

Fancy Favie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2012
    Millington, MI
    Will anyone be selling LF Salmon Faverolles at the Ohio Nationals?

9. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm sure someone will be in the traders row. Just look around and check the birds out good before you buy.

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Check among the show birds and ask around. I know that in the past, I have seen a lot of showbirds go up for sale after the judging. Sometimes they sold before the judging, but discreetly.

There will be a sale area, where people sest up their own cages, but there is also a show sale area, where exhibitors rent cages from the OH folks. I booked 2 of those myself....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by