OH No, another disaster!!!!!

Alleyoops25

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Colorado
My DH called me just a little while ago from Wal-Mart. I sent him out on a few Errands. HE was in the store and a Elderly man in his truck came crashing through the store!!!!
ep.gif
The truck came through the genral side of the stores doors. And it didnt stop until almost half way through the store. It stopped in electronics, and my DH was two ilses away from being hit. Our local news paper has already got it posted on the internet. However the paper is saying that three people were injured and according to DH there were more people hurt. I really wish that the DMV would start checking elderly drivers each year for there hearing and eye sight this seems to be a growing problem every where. And in our town we pay a lot in taxes for senior transpertation services, so its not like they would would be stranded if they had thier license revoked. Anyway check it out the link is:

www.montrosepress.com

Okay the paper has just changed it again. Apparently they think he had a heart attack or something. It doesnt make a whole lot of since. The parking lot is at least 100 yds. And the enter section was not even close to being a strait line from there. I just cant figure out how he got through a very busy parking lot without taking out any cars, and then somehow line up with where he entered the store. THis story is going to be a huge debat with the officals in charge. Way to many mysteries involved with it right now.

Last edited:
Hey who you calling elderly, the paper Say's he's 58, I'm 52

------------

so that means in 6 yrs I'm going to be elderly, bite your tongue you young wippersnapper.
old.gif
I'm glad your hubby was not hurt.

It sounds extremely unfortunate for everyone involved including the driver. 58 isn't elderly, most ppl are still holding jobs at that age, trying to eeek out a living.

Julie

Alley how old are you? If I may ask that is? Considering the average retirement age is 65, he isn't elderly. I'm so glad you hubby wasn't hurt, and it could have been so much worse being a weekend.
K

58! Good lord, that man is OLD!
lau.gif

Just kidding everyone, although I am 41 years younger than him,lol. Im glad your DH is ok, that must have been really scary. A while back a wall at our local Target collapsed into the store, but no one was hurt. It wasnt hit or anything, it just caved in!

Back
Top Bottom