OH No, another disaster!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Alleyoops25, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    My DH called me just a little while ago from Wal-Mart. I sent him out on a few Errands. HE was in the store and a Elderly man in his truck came crashing through the store!!!![​IMG] The truck came through the genral side of the stores doors. And it didnt stop until almost half way through the store. It stopped in electronics, and my DH was two ilses away from being hit. Our local news paper has already got it posted on the internet. However the paper is saying that three people were injured and according to DH there were more people hurt. I really wish that the DMV would start checking elderly drivers each year for there hearing and eye sight this seems to be a growing problem every where. And in our town we pay a lot in taxes for senior transpertation services, so its not like they would would be stranded if they had thier license revoked. Anyway check it out the link is:

www.montrosepress.com

Okay the paper has just changed it again. Apparently they think he had a heart attack or something. It doesnt make a whole lot of since. The parking lot is at least 100 yds. And the enter section was not even close to being a strait line from there. I just cant figure out how he got through a very busy parking lot without taking out any cars, and then somehow line up with where he entered the store. THis story is going to be a huge debat with the officals in charge. Way to many mysteries involved with it right now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Hey who you calling elderly, the paper Say's he's 58, I'm 52

------------

so that means in 6 yrs I'm going to be elderly, bite your tongue you young wippersnapper. [​IMG] I'm glad your hubby was not hurt.

3. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    It sounds extremely unfortunate for everyone involved including the driver. 58 isn't elderly, most ppl are still holding jobs at that age, trying to eeek out a living.

Julie

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Alley how old are you? If I may ask that is? Considering the average retirement age is 65, he isn't elderly. I'm so glad you hubby wasn't hurt, and it could have been so much worse being a weekend.
    K

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Yikes!!!
    I think I would've gone straight to the lingerie dept and got me some new undies...
    I hope everyone's gonna be alright.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:You and me both! [​IMG]

7. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    Quote:lol we all will get old one day ..but 58 isnt old.now if he had been 80 or 90.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Excuse me, when did 58 get to be elderly? I thought that was middle-aged. Gosh, if I'm going to be thought of like that in 7 years, then just kill me now. [​IMG]

9. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Quote:As long as you act young your age doesn't matter. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    58! Good lord, that man is OLD! [​IMG]

Just kidding everyone, although I am 41 years younger than him,lol. Im glad your DH is ok, that must have been really scary. A while back a wall at our local Target collapsed into the store, but no one was hurt. It wasnt hit or anything, it just caved in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by