Oh no! another disease from eggs! PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by maf2008, Sep 29, 2009.

1. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    We have all heard of "OCD" obsessive compuslive disorder" which is repeatedly doing something over and over again needlessily........

Well I have a serious case that I caught of a new disease that needs to be put in the medical books!!!!!

"ECD" or "eggpulsive disorder" Its absolutely incurable !!! [​IMG]

Here are the symptoms... Please add your own symtoms if you are starting to feel it too.... Its started by reading BYC and it gets worse every day! [​IMG]

SYMPTOMS

1) keep checking for eggs in nest boxes [​IMG]

2) look at aggs in the grocery store to see if you think you should hatch them (does nesting hens mean fertile? hmmm) [​IMG]

3) try to find as many ways as possible to say "chicken" or "eggs" when talking to ANYONE or say phrases in conversations like "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" and other phrases in EVERY CONVERSATION [​IMG]

4) open fridge and look at eggs and think of another way to eat eggs for dinner..... [​IMG]

5) when collecting eggs....look at them to see which will hatch and which will fry....... [​IMG]

6) keep candling your eggs and get to know your embryos by the VEINS in the eggs [​IMG]

7) read all hatchery websites for new specials on chicks

8) find a way to punish your kids and make them build the next coop OR do not let them go the the next concert unless the chicken coop is finished... LOL it will never be finished mmmuuu haa haa [​IMG]

Do you have any symptoms? Please list them!!!!! [​IMG]

2. journey11

journey11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG] Too funny!

I have this symptom: I must take pictures of every egg that is unusual--very large, very small, odd shaped, odd shelled or extra pretty.

I also insist that my husband and anyone else who happens to come visit look at them and admire them.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Laughing Out Loud to what appears to be (to normal people) completely incomprehensible web postings. Ha. und Haha.

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

5. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Starting a collection of "fart" eggs (the tiny eggs laid by hens on occasion). Until you realize that is a really disgusting thing to do since they could explode. Throw them out to only start collecting all over again. [​IMG]

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:As a rule I never drink milk while reading BYC. Otherwise I would need a new keyboard.

7. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    What about egg "shopping" such as on eBay and Eggbid even though you know you are wasting a ton of money you desperately need for something else? You should keep a list of these symptoms and add the to the medical books, DMS............

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. toetoe

toetoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Ferndale
    When you go out and sit in front of all your flock and talk to them telling them that egg production is down and who is not doing their job.

Then at night singing them to sleep before you close them in for the night.

Not me.....my hubby. LOL:lol:

9. vtsarahb

vtsarahb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Bradford, VT
    baking all kinds of things just to use up some of the many eggs in my fridge! [​IMG]

10. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    Where's the "C" in eggpulsive disorder? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by