oh no Baby rabbit Emergency!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bessie1994Snider, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    We have some young rabbits that live in our yard, and one of them has put her babies in a very stupid spot. We never bother the rabbits normaly, but today when my dad started to water one of his pear tree the dry grass at the bottom started to move. It was a nest of baby bunnies, unfortunatly they got watered along with the tree. They are very small I didn't get a good look at them because we wanted disturb them as little as possible. We also put more grass on top of the babies because they were out on the ground. What should we do????

et addThey are in a whole but it is a very shallow hole.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Roccomanchickens

Roccomanchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Carroll, IA
    In my experience with wild rabbits, if you try to move them the mother won't come back. It is very difficult to take care of them without the mother, I've never had any survivors. Maybe the mother will move them when she sees they are in the water. Good luck, poor babies [​IMG]

3. Bessie1994Snider

Apr 9, 2010
    I don't know what to do either, and we have a ton of cats and hawks. I have heard they are hard to care for to.

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Really, I would just leave them. The mother will come back this evening, and if she is concerned, I assume she would move them to a better location. They are so difficult to hand raise, I don't think I'd bother.

5. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Quote:leaving them alone and keeping pets away is all u can do

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Leave them be!! The mom will come back...

7. Bessie1994Snider

Apr 9, 2010
    If nothing finds them I think they will be fine. Went out to lock the chickens up (just got back from the fair) and there were two rabbits around 20-30 feet away from the tree. So hopefully they will be fine [​IMG]

8. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

what happened with them?

9. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Since the OP hasn't been on the forum in almost 4 years, I don't think you will get an answer to your question.:confused:

10. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know didn't read the dates! Oops! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by