OH NO!! CHICKEN BALLOON!!! NO SERIOUSLY!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by micatriance, Nov 24, 2013.

1. micatriance

micatriance Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Australia, Victoria
    Hey, i'm having some problems with my Naked Neck chicken. I let a pen of chickens out the other day and I noticed that my Naked Neck was acting strange and not travelling with her friends and that she was walking funny (NOTE: She has Scaly mite legs (mites in her legs). So I went back to the shed to get some stuff to fix her legs, I went back over to her and picked her up to notice that it wasn't the legs that were affecting her, it was that her stomach was twice the size as it normally was like shes swallen up like a balloon. What does this mean? Does she have a blockage?

Also she is one of my best layers and usually lays everyday but hasn't since the blockage, is it because shes not well? Or does she have an egg blockage?

Thank you so very much if u can help because she is my most favorite chicken and I would hate to see her go :(

Here's a photo of her tummy

[​IMG]

2. BrickWall Honey

BrickWall Honey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2013
    Accomac, Va.
    There are five or six issues that could cause what your seeing, if you do a search here or the net you'll find lots of info on swollen abdomen. Match up the symptoms with your hen and go from there. Best to you and hen

3. micatriance

micatriance Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Australia, Victoria
    Thank You For Answering!!! I will have a search around for an answer thank you :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by