1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh No! Chicken math strikes again!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Feb 29, 2016.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Well started out 5 Barred rock chicks ordered..Then I thought oh no! what if a couple don't make it?? ordered two more.of course I got the free layer to give eggs to help the hungry, so that's one more, then couldn't resist the look of the Golden cuckoo maran, so add another. Yikes that's 9 hubby knows of 7 . how the heck do I explain the other 2??? I'm in trouble!! well I guess I can say, that's what came??? I don't know?? I hope the two more won't make him freak!!!

2. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    "They must be packing peanuts honey..."

3. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    :) good idea!!!

4. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    They DO say they can send up to 4% more for warmth, HA!!! fingers crossed!! I somehow doubt they would send a female Golden cuckoo maran as a peanut but still sounds GREAT TO ME!!! Hoping he does NOT look at how much ONE female costs ! Then he would know for sure. packing peanuts aren't 10.ten dollars a female! Yikes better loose the catalog!! Anyone else experience those darn "extra packing peanuts" lol..:)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by