oh NO!!!! He did IT!! Please help!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ro.netcmarie, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    my pekin has made a nest with about 20+ eggs in it and has been setting on them gets off to swim and eat and right back on it. so today she was off of it and my dear father in law went to the nest and put all her eggs she kicked out BACK into the nest!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I know when they do that it means they arent no good, but what are the chance she will go back to it??? nobody has messed with it until he did. i took eggs from her nest one time before this and she moved her nest. please help!!!!!!!!!
    Am i going to have to crank the bator up????

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Just wait a little bit and see if she will go back to it. It depends on the duck.
    Some ducks do not mind people messing with their nest and others do. If they have been setting it for a while they usually will go back to it.

3. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    she has gone back to set on it but it looks like she has shifted the nest about a foot from where she was. is that normal??? maybe its when she moves around on the nest and it pushes a little??? idk. i know she moves alot and shifts alot too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by