Oh NO! Help ASAP! ADDED PICS (to post 1 thank you!!)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SoORchick73, Jul 18, 2011.

1. SoORchick73

SoORchick73 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    So I have NO clue which one of my 18 week olds is a roosster, but about midnight last night and first thing this morning, I hear this pathetic cock-a-doodle doo, that definitely sounded like it needed work. Problem is, I have no idea which one of my 6 it could be! None of them look like roosters....by 18 weeks wouldnt a rooster be developing a wattle and comb? I only have on EE than has a red comb, but its not pronounced at all. I posted pics of her a few weeks ago and everyone said pullet. We tried to spy in the coop to see which one was doing it but had no luck. What do I do?? How on earth do I have a male in there, none of them look at all like males! I cant have roosters in the city, and I have one neighbor who will blow a gasket so i need to address this soon. TIA!!!

Sorry I cant put pix directly on here from my ipad .... http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/babyrn73/ ....The first FOUR pics are from today. Thanks a ton for your help! My DH said this morning "you better consult your people fast" ...so thanks "my people" LOL!

If he is a Roo....Next, what do I do, CL? Free? I have to get him out fast but I dont want to kill him. [​IMG] Poor Chicken Boo

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    if you can post a pic we can tell you [​IMG]

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  4. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Very recent pics will help... maybe we will nail the culprit this time! [​IMG]

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    just went to the pic of the EE, that is your roo, no doubt......

6. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  7. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    Oh ya?? Wow ok! I will have to get more current pics but that is what you are thinking huh? Dang... foiled by Chicken Boo! Ill post pix ASAP, caring for my nb right now... THANK YOU ALL!

Quote:I looked back at your photo too and I agree, I would have said rooster....this thread might be helpful. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=463817

Edited for spelling

8. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
  9. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    Thanks ddawn, that WAS helpful. I was totally expecting a big comb and wattle by now. Wow....

Quote:

10. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    Added pics to original post, gosh they are hard to take pics of!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by