OH no... here we go again! Roo??!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lorije1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Ok.... I convinced myself to keep "Marge" the pretty much confirmed EE roo...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOW Frack the 3 mth old Barred Rock is so bright red, and has a huge comb and wattles compared to EVERYBODY else, including the other BR [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so just for the sake of peace in my heart..... Stink is an EE pullet right???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Marge is definitely a roo, the BR is probably a roo too, and stink, I can't tell so I would assume hen. Hope it helps.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think your BR Frack is a pullet. The boys are lighter than the girls. (Feathers.) And the Stink is a pullet, yes.

4. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    I would agree with you on all three. 2 roos (Mark & Frack) and one pullet.

5. Lorije1

Mar 13, 2010
    oh.... [​IMG]

The BR is colored like my other one that doesn't have much of a comb at all..... does that matter?

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I think Frack and Stink are pullets. Frack is dark and shaded legs. I'm not gonna ask how they got their names:p

7. Lorije1

Mar 13, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] I'll tell... my friend named my BRs Frick and Frack... "Frick" came in handy as a name when they were babies, cuz I called her "Frickin Chicken" (she was kind of crazy -sweet now)

Stink is Stinkeye. She had a very natural stinkeye, still does. And she jumps on my Lab's back on a regular basis and just dares him to move.

She is pretty stinky sometimes too. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    The BR looks nothing like my 2 BR girls. your "guys" comb is big and red.

9. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am guessing Frack and Stink are pullets. If you have a good side full body picture of Frack that would help, but that first picture looks very girly to me. Big round booty she seems to have [​IMG] any full body shots?

10. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Frack is definitly a pullet. BR roo's have very light coloring, the white barring is much wider then on the hens. Also no stringy hackle or saddle feathers to be seen. Sometimes one will mature earlier then another of the same age. Stink looks like a pullet to me too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by