Oh No!! hope I did not screw up my hatch.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jessiewoodard57, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    Get this I candeled before lockdown and the eggs were all showing great developement. I came on one egg that was cracked so i put it in the egg crates I have in the incubator. My son says I think I heard it pip, so I asked him to turn on the light and would you believe it I had 6 pipped eggs that I had not even noticed so we quickly reloaded them into the bator and locked it down. I hope I did not srew up my hatch! Has anyone ever had this happen to them? By the way today is day 18! I love this Gensis 1588! it has been almost a set and forget hatch with only adding water every 3 ot 5 days.

2. Delta3013

Delta3013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    What Breed are the eggs?

3. Jessiewoodard57

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    43 New hamshire reds and 4 EEs, all are my own eggs.

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    How big where the pips?

5. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

I once had to remove the eggs (some with pips) from the incubator to remove the turner because I forgot it, lol. It turned out fine.

Edited for grammar fail.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It happens. Run a bit warm, start a day early and you esentially have day 19/20 eggs. They probably won't hatch till day 20/21 though. They'll spend hours getting ready asorbing yolk and blood after their first pip. Don't stress, keep them in and leave them alone.

7. 14 chickens & counting

14 chickens & counting Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Buena Vista, GA
    Quote:Please keep us posted on how they are doing!!!!

8. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I went into lockdown with one pip before and had 100% hatch. I was acutally marking air sacs when I saw it. I was sure it had shrink wrapped but somehow it did not and hatched on its own the next day.

Good luck!
    Tisha

9. Jessiewoodard57

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    I am so glad to hear all your positive results with simular situations. Tisha, I have to tell you I will be buying a second one of these 1588s soon. BTW 2 are zipping out as I type this!

10. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I am already saving up plus I have a birthday coming up next week! So I see a 3rd bator in the near future! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by