oh no I am doomed!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bethandjoeync, Jan 12, 2010.

1. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I just got the Murray McMurray catalog in the mail today. now we are in trouble [​IMG]

anyone else feeling withdrawals from the little fuzzy butts?? we haven't had any around since we started our flock last april. we have one broody girl setting on a small clutch of 4 eggs and we are on day 17, and we have finished building our incubator as well. but now I get this in the mail??!! please help me get a grip!!! {{telling myself: "we don't have room, we don't have room, we don't have room..."}}

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    You ALWAYS have room. [​IMG] I'm an enabler, aren't I? And yes, I want to hatch too. I'm trying to hold off 1 more month.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:Ok, no problem. Very carefully grip the phone, dial and place order [​IMG]

ETA: remove extra word

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

PUT The Catalog Down....or not! Little fuzzy's don't need much room. Sorry I tried!

5. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I'm right there with you! I pulled the plug on the incubator a few months ago, thinking I wouldn't be hatching any eggs til spring. I guess spring came early this year as I set 17 turkey eggs on Dec 26. I'm looking forward to cute little fuzzies! Good luck with your will power!

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well I'm gonna be a big wet blanket (aka the voice of reason). Give that clutch a few more days and that will hold you till you decide to incubate. I think incubating eggs would be so cool (and nerve racking)... Take five deep breaths...Now step away from the catalog...

7. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Only 4 more days till the new fuzzy butts arrive. Yeah!!! Please post pictures so those of us in withdrawl can get a fix. I don't have anymore room either but i'm going to put new ones somewhere![​IMG]

8. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    I got the catalog too and the itch. Just glad I lost my credit card and had to order a new one....it wont be here for 7-10 more days. Hopefully I can find some itch cream to fix this itch before that card gets here! [​IMG]

9. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Yah, I'm having withdrawals too, why do you think I am surfing this section of BYC [​IMG]. I know someone on here has the "12 Steps" for chickaholism. Maybe you could as their help....

10. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I know, I got mine too but I already placed an order last month for March lol! I got a bunch of hens for general laying purpose like rir, ameracauna/EE, barred rocks, speckled sussex, silver laced wyandottes etc. Then I got a few different things like buff laced polish, blue polish etc. just to round out the minimum# that I needed. All this was before I started incubating eggs lol. Now I have a bunch of BBS Marans and BBS Ameracauna chicks that just hatched and 41 more eggs in the bater.. Umm I wonder how many chickens I will have after all this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by