Oh no! I have a headless chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bobbieschicks, Dec 13, 2011.

1. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Just kidding - Snow White was preening and I caught her in the act. HAHA! But I am happy to report she has laid 3 eggs in a row - all hard shelled! I think her softshell egg days may be a thing of the past. I changed her to Layena & gave her oyster shell on the side. Those changes and the added light & Alfalfa seem to have helped her along.

[​IMG]

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Wheph! U got me there!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats great! Pretty girl, even without a head!! [​IMG]

4. kayjan

kayjan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Southeast Louisana
    Yep, got me too! Wonder how many looked at this to see the gross photo. [​IMG]

5. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    HAHA! Here she is with her head - and her bluekote on the comb. Good old Foghorn ripped it open while doing the deed one day last week.

[​IMG]

6. kayjan

kayjan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Southeast Louisana
    A chicken magician, Snow White could go on the road. [​IMG]

7. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! I was scared, but yet, I had to open the thread just to see if it was what I thought it was.... Thank god it wasn't! [​IMG]

8. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Yeah - I would have been worried about the reality of it and freaked if I opened this up and saw a real headless chicken. HAHA! I took a bunch of shots while I was outside with my iphone and then when I uploaded the pictures to my computer I was looking at them and was shocked to see my headless chicken - so I thought someone else might get a laugh over it too!

9. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Whew, what a relief! I expected major gore, and got a cute white fluff ball instead. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by