1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

oh no! I left the turner off all week end!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fancie, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I just noticed that I had left the turner unplugged for the last 2 - 3 days (The same outlit it is on I have to use when I vacum)..... I hope the babies are all right. Just two weeks left untill the first set hatch and a little over 3 for the second set.

[​IMG]

Muscovies just take way too long... leaving more time for mistakes!!!

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I have read here where some people stop turning altogether after day 5. Not something I plan to do, but probably your duckies will be ok.

EDITED: er...duckies, not chickies...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    What are the temps? Plug it back on and add two to three more days after their due dates. Some of us have experienced it including myself, for two days of no power due to storms, I had hatches two to three days late and not every one of them will hatch.

they will be fine!

4. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    The incubator was going... When I vacuum I just unplugg the turner. I am guessing on friday... I noticed it this morning...

They are so far along that when I candle them I see nothing... but they stay warm after I remove them from the incubator... thus retaining heat... so I'm guessing they are still alive (the oldest ones)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by