Oh No! I think I have 2 boys! Help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by iwannaduckie, Apr 3, 2012.

1. iwannaduckie

iwannaduckie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    Hi all! Haven't posted in a long time, but, I now have 6 new(well, aprox. 2 months old now) chicks! I bought them all as "pullets" at a local feed store. 4 EE's, 1 SWL, and 1 BO. I am worried about 1 EE, and the SLW. The EE has always been bigger than the others, even as day olds, it was just a wee bit bigger. And the SLW has always been the smallest, but started getting red wattles and comb over 2 weeks ago! So, as these threads are pointless without pics...pictures of all 6! Face shots, back, and legs. Oh and a few bonus pics of my older girls from last summer, because they need love too!

My BO girl, most deffinately! Her name is Latte, however, she gets called Lolli! =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "See Mom? No red!"

Now one of the EE girls! This is "DoubleShot", she is the one that talks back. Hence the name!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another EE girl, this one is Cappichino. Nevermind the funky eye, its normal, I promise. I think it was a flash/blinking combo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for Esspresso!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok now for the possible boys...
    This is Starbuck, the SLW, who my nephew has re-named "Girl". Lets hope it is a girl! Was also the last to feathers in...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, Java. The EE who is just big! I just love how black his or her beard and muffs are! I'd hate for this one to be a boy! This one about 2 -3 inches taller than the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonus round!
    The Bearded Lady and Big Red! Red is a Rhode Island Red, and Lady is a barn-yard mix, who I got from a friend!
    [​IMG]

2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    The only roo I see is the black/white EE. I assume the last two are older?

3. Doughie

Doughie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Cache County, Utah
    Quick glance..Java is 100% girl.

4. Doughie

Apr 15, 2011
    Cache County, Utah
    The black/white is an SLW.

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Only roo I see is the SLW.

6. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    BlazeJester -
    Picture order : BO, EE, EE, EE, SLW, and EE.
    The last two are the ones I was worried about (slw and ee).
    They are all within 3 - 5 days of each other. When I picked them up as "day olds", a few had one or two feathers already in, but were still about the same size as the others. I do belive Java was one with a few feathers, however, Starbuck was not. If fact, he/she took the longest to feather and is still the smallest.

Doughie - So my pretty dark headed Java is a girl? Yay!! =)

7. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    Sad. Well, anyone looking to get a SLW roo? =( He's HQ but I cannot keep a roo. My neighbors would kill me!

8. Doughie

Apr 15, 2011
    Cache County, Utah
    I'm not convinced that the SLW is a roo yet. I'm 60/40 that it is a pullet. SLW roo's tend to have more white in their wings. I admit that I do not have much experience with SLW's.

9. iwannaduckie

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    Doughie - I just clipped their wings last week, and I do belive, I took some of his/her white with me! [​IMG]

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    that slw looks like a young cockerel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by