OH NO!!! I went and ordered them!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickensducks&agoose, Jun 28, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got 25 BBQ special coming from mcmurray on the 7th, and 25 cornish coming from Ideal on the 12th... along with a KC duck and a Chinese goose... I am so excited/horrified!

2. Gardenpig

Gardenpig Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    OC
    Hahah! that sounds like a lot of chickens and a lot of love too! [​IMG] hope you have fun with them!

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

this is my first Meat Bird experience.. and I'm a vegetarian, but my family is not. I think it's important to be responsible about the foods we eat. I'm hoping to sell/barter about half of the birds, and process the rest... i mean have someone ELSE process the rest. Squeamish. [​IMG]

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Call around, check with other local farmers.....ask at the meat shop. You have enough, most places around here won't do less then 25 and charge around $3 a bird. I never have that many so I'm stuck doing the deed myself. lol

5. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    chickensducks&agoose :

I've got 25 BBQ special coming from mcmurray on the 7th, and 25 cornish coming from Ideal on the 12th... along with a KC duck and a Chinese goose... I am so excited/horrified!

Did you check out McMurray's special on Cornish X? I believe that and the pearl white leghorns are 20% off for the next 2 weeks July 5th and 12th? It's a good deal if you like those 2 breeds of chicks​

6. Peepfreak59

Peepfreak59 Out Of The Brooder

That's awesome, good luck, sounds like something I would do. haha, Have you ordered from them before, I got the catalog, but did not order, bought from a local person.
    D:jumpy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by