OH NO! I'm at it again.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Sep 10, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Ok, I've been really quiet about this, but I just couldn't take the no hatching thing any longer!! I did it, I set 16 eggs from my own girls a week ago. I set 10 EEers and 6 EEer, red sexlink mixes. I'm hoping for high producing egg egg layers [​IMG]

Well I candled tonight and there are absolute signs of life in all but one. I'll check that one again later. I'm so eggcited. this is the first hatch from my own eggs.

I also have 4 eggs under a little blue Amerucana broody. I don't hold much hope for those though. Everytime she get out to eat somebody takes her nesting box and she gets back into the wrong box. I don't know how long she sits on the other eggs before I find her and put her back on her own eggs. Well, they aren't really her own, but her eggs to sit on.

I wish I had a place to put her on her own. I'll have to figure that out soon if they do develope. the daddy is a Blue Amerucana but the moms aren't. Their eggs are still too small to hatch.

2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    couldn't you cover the other nesting box so she couldn't sit on those eggs? or is their another hen in their too?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I only have 5 nesting boxes for 22 chickens (really bad, I know) and now she's taking up one of them so it's really bad right now in there. I've got to move her, Just got to figure out where. Plus I have meat chickens coming next week. Maybe I'll move her into a dog kennel or something. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by