1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh no! My duck math was off by one...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jducour, Sep 25, 2015.

1. jducour

jducour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I decided to add another wonderful duck to my flock. I was finally able to justify it - I have a family that is buying all of my extra eggs, today she bought 9 dozen and said to let her know when I had more! Wow! I have never before seen someone so excited for a duck egg. She had called her entire extended family, and is splitting the eggs among them. The money I make from selling their eggs more than pays for food and bedding for the entire flock. Win win! I decided to add a sweet girl named Ping to my flock. She is a beautiful Blue Swedish. She is the same age as my other laying ducks, so I hope they all get along well. I will take some pictures tomorrow, she is so pretty!

Can I just add - when this all started this spring, I told my husband I wanted just two ducks. Then I thought four would be nice. I got five. Now I have seven. Tell me, will it continue? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. elly21

elly21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2015
    Massachussettes
    Lol. I'm in the same boat. We got 5 Ancona ducklings in April and then just got 2 Indian runners and 2 white layers 2 weeks ago. I think we are maxed on space unless we get another coop. Other wise I could see more and more!

3. jducour

jducour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    It's hard to say no, isn't it? I've rescued a few drakes, but I knew I couldn't keep them so it wasn't as hard to find them a new home. It's hard to say no to a duck though, it's hard to come up with a reason not to keep them :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by